Photobucket

Veracruz Mexico Time


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 12, 2010

My First Week in Mexico... And My First Baptism!

Baptism
Dear Mom,
Yep, everybody knew it was my birthday! ha ha! It was a pretty cool birthday here in Mexico! My first week in Mexico was great! Time flies as I can't believe I've already been here a week. My companion is Elder Gil and he is a Native from Mexico. Yes! I was able to meet Elder Tobler. He is Elder Carpenters companion- ha ha! The world is really small. The Baptism on Saturday was awesome!! I was able to baptize him (in total spanish) and it was such an amazing experience for me! You'll never know what a powerful experience that was! I love the area that I am in. It is hot and also rains a lot. The members here are really nice and so are my investigators. They are great, loving and humble people. President and Sister Hansen and all of his Assistants picked Elder Carpenter and I up at the airport. We then went to the mission home and after ate at a restaurant where they had the best tacos! Yes, I am taking lots of pictures. President and Sister Hansen said to tell you all hello. Sister Hansen has your email so she will keep in touch. The Mission here is different than anything in pictures. It's different to see everything made out of concrete. I love you Mom and I'll answer more questions in the next email. Oh, we have another baptism on Saturday! I'll let you know when I receive Aunt Cari's package. It should be in a couple of weeks! Love you!

Tanner- The first baptism went great! I baptized the boy and it was incredibly awesome! That's so cool that you are doing baseball with Garrett! Keep in touch. I love hearing from you! Love you.

Colton- I loved the picture of you & Sara. You both looked really nice. So glad that you both had a fun time at Prom. It's good to hear that your mission papers are almost completed. I can't wait to hear where you will be serving! Colt, you are going to have a blast! No problem helping you out... you're my brother! Keep in touch. Love you.

Cassidy- Wow! A 3 pointer!?! haha! Everything is going good here. That's so cool to hear that Jordan Lee is going to Washington DC! My companion is great! He helps me a lot with Spanish. Love you sis.

Tyler- I love my area! It is cool! And I love my companion. The baptism was awesome and I got to baptize him! I laughed so hard when I read your letter! hahaha- The missionaries "tried" to play basketball! McGill cracks me up! That is good that football is going great. I was happy to read how excited you are to serve your mission. It will be the best thing you ever do in your life. Keep working hard. Love you

Dad- You were RIGHT! I had my first baptism my first week! It was amazing! And I did it in complete Spanish! So glad that that you guys now get BYU/TV. I loved conference. It was awesome! I think it was my favorite out of all the ones I have seen. Colton will get over eating picky. I don't know half the things I eat here, but I still eat and they are all great! Obedience is the key to a great mission! I am being totally obedient and I will throughout my mission. I love you Dad!

Thanks everybody! Can't wait to receive the family letter next week! This worked out great! Tell everyone hello and thank you for their support. Especially the grandparents!

Love,
Elder Robertson

2 comments:

  1. What a great letter!!!! Sounds like he is doing awesome. Glad that he has a native companion. Now he will really learn the language well.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week for Elder Robertson. He is such a blessing to our family.

    ReplyDelete